Both posts were shut down again on 16 September 1865, and Tobøl Reporting Post was transferred to Villebøl under the name Villebøl Border Control Office, going on to be shut down completely 10 years later.
The district was subsequently covered by Kalvslund Border Duties Collection Office. The office started out being housed in a mill, Kalvslund Mølle, and went on to be housed in an inn, Kalvslund Kro for the next ten years, before it moved to Blokager on Koldingvej 127, where it was housed from 1875-1920. Blokager still exists and is currently an active farm.
As the customs offices were situated approximately 1.5 km from the actual border, the customs inspectors found it difficult to distinguish between national and imported goods. As a result, the border gendarmes kept a record of the goods that people brought with them when they crossed the border, and this list was later cross-checked with that kept by the customs office. Meanwhile, small huts were erected so that the border gendarmes could complete this task, which in principle belonged to the customs services, in dry environs.